NOTE: We are temporarily suspending courtesy posts while in transition, but we will resume them soon. Please do not email us a courtesy post at this time.
We are happy to help promote your adoptable dog on our facebook page but keep in mind that we are a volunteer-run organization so to keep things simple, we have some courtesy posting guidelines:
- Submit ONE good photo of the dog you are trying to rehome, in jpeg format that is less than or equal to 60 KB in size.
- ALL info you want included in the caption of the photo should be included in the email, including contact information. If ANY of the requested contact information is missing, we cannot post your pet.
- Send this information to our social media coordinator using the form below.
- We only post requests for dogs that are in the state of California.
- Any changes may take up to 4 weeks to make as we have other posts for the page and our volunteers are generally very busy. Please keep this in mind when submitting and check and double check the info you submit to us.
- Our Facebook postings are considered a courtesy posting, and the are just that, a courtesy. They are offered to you for free, by our unpaid volunteers. We cannot guarantee that your pet will be posted and we cannot guarantee that a posting will result in an adoption.
- Your request will be placed in a queue, and will be posted on a first come first served basis and posted as time for our volunteers permits.
- You may or may not receive an email notifying you that your pet has been posted. Please visit the page and check our album entitled "courtesy adoptables" to see if your pet has been posted.
- A courtesy posting is not appropriate for emergency situations.
- Your posting may be removed after one month. If you need for your pet to continue to be listed and do not want to wait in the queue again, it is your responsibility to resubmit the form below and mark the check box that asks that your listing be left in the album for another month.
- Reshares/reposts: We will publish your pet and share to our wall one time. The album will remain up for up to one month and you are welcome to share and tag it but we are not able to continually repost it to our wall for you. Everything we post to our page wall also goes out to over 1,000 twitter followers.
- Facebook is but one avenue to try when rehoming a pet. Please do not rely on facebook alone to do this; we recommend reaching out to as many online and real world places as possible, such as craigslist, flyers, pennysaver, the bee, etc. As always, your pet depends on you to find a good home and we strongly encourage that you require a home check and ask for, and follow up on references, for anyone interested in your dog.
- For tips on rehoming, visit the Pit Bull Rescue Central webpage:http://www.pbrc.net/adoption/owners.html
- DISCLAIMER: Your contact information will be released to potential adopters!